A good ice fishing sled is essential to not getting worn out when hauling gear on and off the ice. The best ice fishing sleds are designed with comfort, value, and durability in mind. They’re also designed to make it easier to haul gear and move faster in cold conditions. Icy terrains can be rugged, but if you know which type of sled to buy, you’re in luck.
That’s why we’ve done some research on Amazon’s top ice fishing sleds and compiled our list of the top six. Each of these ice fishing sleds is evaluated based on its durability, weight, ease of use, value, and price.
We’ll highlight some budget options, average-priced options, as well as some more expensive ones that are worth the price. You’ll also learn about the pros and cons of each option to make it easier to choose. Keep reading to learn about Amazon’s six best ice fishing sled options!
Shappell Jet Sled for Ice Fishing – Best Overall
This ice fishing sled is highly rated on Amazon with a customer review average of 4.8/5.0 stars. It’s advertised as a sled for transporting gear and supplies, as well as ice fishing excursions. It includes a tow rope for pulling your sled to the honey hole. Customer reviews note that it’s easy to load and pull, and it’s very sturdy.
- HANDY ICE FISHING SLED – The Shappell Jet Ice Fishing Sled makes it easy to tow your ice fishing gear. A great handy ice sled for hauling your stuff onto the ice. It will protect your gear and not weigh you down while pulling.
- MULTI-PURPOSE UTILITY CART – Tow everything from ice gear, firewood, traps, or feed in this extra-large ice-fishing sled. It’s a great multi-purpose utility sled for ice fishing, hunting deer, wood, fishing gear, and accessories.
- EASY TO LUG YOUR STUFF – This ice fishing sled with rope allows for easy hand tow, to lug your stuff to and from the honey hole. Perfect to float a deer across the terrain and haul gear with its specially contoured hull.
- RUGGED POLYETHYLENE MATERIAL – Made of rugged polyethylene material that makes this ice fishing sled heavy-duty but not to the point where it feels heavy. It measures 54" x 25" x 10" H, tow rope included.
- MOLDED RUNNERS FOR SMOOTH GLIDING – The molded runners give it strength and allow for smooth gliding. Whether you are pulling through terrain, snow, or ice, this sled for fishing will lend itself well to foot traffic and transport.
Some features of the Jet Sled include:
- Dimensions: 54” x 24” x 10” (LxWxH)
- Weight: 12 lbs
- Material: constructed with rugged polyethylene
- Molded runners
- Contoured hull
- Hand-pulling option
- The molded runners add extra stability and pulling strength on rugged terrain
- Easy to pull by hand while ice fishing
- Rated highly for “value for money”
- Requires extra support to pull over rough terrain like gravel
- Doesn’t drag smoothly on all surfaces
Winter Trek Flexible Flyer Large Pull Sled
This plastic toboggan for adults and kids is versatile but mainly ideal for ice fishing excursions. It comes with a heavy-duty tow rope for pulling it by hand. And if you want to pull a person on it, you can fit up to three people. It’s made in the USA with a design durable enough to carry your ice fishing gear across different snowy terrains.
- 5. 5 feet long – a large heavy-duty sled...
- 3 person sled – this family sled is large...
- Durable – This tough, one-piece, pull sled...
- Easy to pull – molded grooves on bottom add...
- Multi-use – use as a work sled, ice fishing...
Some features of the Flexible Flyer include:
- Dimensions: 66” x 20” x 6” (LxWxH)
- Color: blue
- Material: heavy-duty plastic (resin)
- Weight: 7 lbs
- Reinforced outer lip
- The bottom has molded grooves
- The resin composition is a “no-break” material
- Extra stability on the sidewalls from lip
- Extra tracking strength on snow and ice with grooves
- Not highly-rated for “value for money” at $99.00
- Slightly more difficult to maneuver than other sleds
Multi-Purpose Ice Fishing Sled by Pelican – Trek 45 – Best Value
This heavy-duty Pelican ice fishing sled is multi-purpose, like many sleds on our list. Whether you want to haul firewood, hunting supplies, ice fishing gear, or your catch of the day, you are set.
One unique aspect of the sled is that it’s designed to join with another Trek 45 to expand the capacity. So if you and a friend have the same model, you can join them for a larger, more capable sled. It’s also extremely weather-resistant with harsh winter conditions in mind.
- This 4-season sled is ideal for winter...
- The Trek 45 has a volume of 71L and can carry...
- This Trek 45 comes with a pull rope making it...
- This convenient sled is built with pre-molded...
- The Trek 45 is 45.5 In. long (116 cm), 20 In....
Some features of the Pelican Trek 45 Sled include:
- Dimensions: 45.5” x 20” x 8” (LxWxH)
- Color: black
- Material: plastic (heavy-duty RAM-X construction)
- Built-in attachment points
- Tracking rails
- Weight capacity: 130 lb
- Made in Canada
- Has great shock resistance
- Can attach bungee cords or nets to attachment points
- Tracking rails support a smooth/straight ride through the snow
- Relatively low weight capacity
- Slightly expensive for what it offers
Multi-Purpose Ice Fishing Sled by Pelican – Trek 60
Trek 60 is more than twice the cost of the Trek 45 (just over $150). It’s also more expensive than many options on this list, but it hauls more and withstands more in general. One advantage you get is a longer, wider, and taller sled with doubled weight capacity compared to the Trek 45.
You also get a sturdier, multi-purpose ice fishing sled with this version. This means that you can use it when on the ice or during hunting or camping season. It includes both runners and a pull rope with features to alert you when to replace your runners. This is an excellent feature that helps you with maintenance so you can make the sled last longer.
- Our multi-purpose sled trek 60 is made with...
- Use it for your adventure such as camping,...
- There is built-in indentations to hold bungee...
- What’s included with this sled? A...
- Our RAM-X runners have a red layer underneath...
Some features of the Pelican Trek 60 Sled include:
- Dimensions: 60” x 25” x 12.5”
- Color: black
- Weight capacity: 260 lbs
- Material: plastic (high-density polyethylene of RAM-X construction)
- Made in Canada
- Built-in indentations
- Pre-installed HDPE runners
- Made to withstand harsh winter weather
- Runners have a red layer that changes color to indicate when you need to replace them
- Runners protect the sled and make tracking easier
- You can use the indentations to secure bungee cords in place
- Can be hand-pulled
- Expensive compared to other sleds
Shappell JSR Junior Upsable Jet Sled – Cheapest Sled
The Shappell Jr. Jet Sled compares to the traditional Jet Sled as a budget-friendly option. It’s the cheapest ice fishing sled on this list that still accounts for sturdiness and durability.
With a smaller size and lower ice fishing gear-hauling capacity, you still get a sturdy, highly-rated product. It’s also lightweight and compact, which may be just right for a young ice fisherman. It also has wider dimensions to accommodate most ice fishing gear.
- 21-inch x 43-inch x 8-Inch
- Provided by Shappell
- Sleds & Accessories
Some of the features of the Junior Jet Sled include:
- Dimensions: 43.5” x 20.5” x 8” (LxWxH)
- Color: black
- Weight: 6.2 lbs
- Material: thick plastic
- Designed specifically for ice fishing use
- Budget-friendly (just under $35)
- Suitable for children
- Sturdy design
- Well-reviewed for durability and value
- Smaller dimensions in comparison to other ice fishing sleds
- Doesn’t come with built-in holes or a pull rope
All-Terrain Ice Fishing Jet Sled 1 by Shappell
This Shappell ice fishing sled stands out from other Jet Sleds due to its orange camo print. Besides this feature, though, it’s at a decent, average price of just under $70 and is suited for all types of terrain. It’s a rugged, durable sled capable of hauling loads of ice fishing gear, decoys, firewood, and other supplies in the cold. It even comes with a free tow rope
Some features of the Camo Jet Sled include:
- Dimensions: 54” x 25” x 10”
- Weight: 11.5 lbs
- Color/Print: orange/camo
- Material: rotomolded polyethylene
- Built-in molded runners
- Special design on the hull
- Highly visible color makes it versatile for hunting and off-season use as well
- Runners support easy sliding on even rugged terrain
- The contoured hull design allows easy hand-pulling
- High durability and sturdiness
- More expensive than some other ice fishing sleds
- The product is not lightweight
It’s imperative to get a quality, highly durable ice fishing sled if you wish to haul your gear with ease. Trekking over rough wintry terrain can be tiresome without the right type of pull-sled. And you want to make sure that your sled can handle rugged grounds and withstand cold temperatures without breaking.
This is why we’ve shared our review of the best options for ice fishing sleds on Amazon. Each of these highly-reviewed items accounts for strong materials, smooth pulling, weight capacity, size, and more.